A man is warning people against using headphones while falling asleep after a doctor had to remove a wireless earbud from his esophagus
Gauthier also noticed he was missing one of his two wireless earbuds, which he said typically uses as he falls asleep.
Gauthier’s son suggested that perhaps his father had swallowed the earbud, which is exactly what an X-ray at a local emergency clinic revealed. The small plastic device was lodged in his lower esophagus.
Gauthier said he never experienced more than minor discomfort. He told NBC Boston 10 that he wanted to share his experience to caution others not to sleep with their headphones.